Sunday 11 November 2012

TNA Presents Turning Point 2012 - Predictions



With Turning Point airing in America tonight, a few of us have got together to give our predictions on what we can see happening during the show. Creative may have nothing for Colt Cabana but we’ve given Phil a packed schedule; therefore he has been a man of few words on this occasion, but what he does say matters.


Eric Young & ODB vs. Tara and Jesse

@George_SLTD :
I love EY. He’s outstanding entertainment and it’s a shame to think he might be on his way out of TNA. I don’t get this “Jesse” guy. Just another jacked-up Johnny with no talent IMO. EY & ODB for the win, especially if EY is leaving. It’d be nice to see a wrestler get put over before they leave for once.
Winner:
EY and ODB


@Mark_TUW :
Will EY even be at Turning Point? He has been a busy television star since winning the TV title a while back. And if he is, will he bring that god damn fried chicken and beer ODB keeps asking him for? On a more serious note, I do think that EY and ODB will win; they are still the TNA Knockouts Tag Team champions after all.
Winner:
EY and ODB


@GazSixx :
I see Jesse and Tara winning this due to either EY not showing up or getting attacked back stage. He’s not on TV at the moment due to his TV show and may be leaving, whereas Jesse is just starting out in TNA and needs the win. 
Winner:
Tara and Jesse


@AngelicalDream :
The pairing of ODB and EY is genius in my opinion! I love them both. My excitement at seeing them wrestle together is unbelievable. Whilst I would understand if Tara and Jesse were to win, seeing as though it looks as though Jesse may be here to stay, I think that EY and ODB should come off strong when reunited.
Winner:
EY and ODB


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Tara and Jesse


@Sportsmama32 :
With EY leaving this gives ODB an opportunity to focus on the women’s championship.
Winner:
Tara and Jesse


@Alex_SLTD :
I have enjoyed the team of Eric Young & ODB; they work well as a team. I don’t think that many people are a big fan of Tara and Jesse, they are very annoying but I guess that’s the point. A good start to the show with the faces getting the win.
Winner:
Eric Young and ODB



X-Division Title Match - Joey Ryan vs. RVD (c)

@George_SLTD :
I love Joey Ryan’s gimmick. He’s like a Ron Burgundy for 2012. Ryan has talent, but he needs to settle down on so much sleaze and just showcase his talent. RVD is a transitional champion and it’s only a matter of time before he loses it IMO. I can see Matt Morgan getting involved here, so I’m going with Joey Ryan for the win and to become our new X-Division champion.
Winner:
Joey Ryan


@Mark_TUW :
Please God let RVD win. Ryan is a waste of space.
Winner:
RVD


@GazSixx :
I see Joey Ryan winning this as he’s new and fresh. He’s got a great mix of skills and wrestling talent. I think that either Matt Morgan will be a part of this or maybe a returning Jesse Sorenson 
Winner:
Joey Ryan


@AngelicalDream :
Yeah Joey Ryan has got talent and he does a fantastic job of making me hate him, but I cannot stand his smug face. No doubt Ryan’s new BFF, Matt Morgan, will make an appearance but I can tolerate Ryan’s disappointed face much more, and thus I’d prefer RVD to win.

Plus, it gives mine and @Mark_TUW’s son an extra opportunity to do the RVD arm movements.  
Winner:
RVD


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Joey Ryan


@Sportsmama32 :
While RVD somewhat fits the role, Ryan brings in additional controversy with Matt Morgan.
Winner:
Joey Ryan


@Alex_SLTD :
I would rather it mot be Joey Ryan but I am going for him for 2 reasons. 1. I think RVD has been going through the motions for some time now and has been “phoning it in”. 2. I think they are trying to push Joey Ryan and there is always the possibility of Matt Morgan getting involved too.
Winner:
Joey Ryan



TNA TV Title Match: Magnus vs. Samoa Joe (c)

@George_SLTD :
I’m a huge fan of both guys so for me, this is a win-win situation. Magnus has come a long way so far in TNA and it’s frightening to think he’s only 26. As far as I’m concerned Joe should be in the World Title picture, but that’s a story for another time. Magnus’ time will come, but I don’t think it’s this Sunday.
Winner:
Samoa Joe


@Mark_TUW :
As much as I’d love to see Magnus take his first singles title, I think that this feud will go on for much longer. Everyone in TNA is hot on Magnus and his career is surely going to soar, but not just yet.
Winner:
Samoa Joe


@GazSixx :
I see Magnus winning this on the grounds that TNA are promoting the hell out of him at the moment and as much as I like Samoa Joe I don't think that he's the right guy to have the TV title. He hasn't got the charisma or the personality to hold that title but Magnus does. I’d like to see Samoa Joe to go back to the X Division or for him to be made a member of the Aces and Eights.
Winner:
Magnus


@AngelicalDream :
I’m a big fan of both of these guys and whilst I’m enjoying watching their rivalry evolve, I miss them as a tag team. Magnus has come a long way since joining TNA and I think that, with his personality, he would make a fantastic TV Champion.

I thought that it was odd to have Joe take the TV Title as I think that he should be in the World Title picture, but I just don’t think that Joe is done holding the title yet, he’s got more to give.
Winner:
Samoa Joe


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Magnus


@Sportsmama32 :
Joe can battle anybody. He is versatile and can be used to work with all talent in any storyline.
Winner:
Samoa Joe


@Alex_SLTD :
I like Samoa Joe and he has always been one of my personal favourites. Like a lot of the folks on here I think that Joe should be in world title scene. He doesn’t need the title as much as perhaps what Magnus would do, but I can’t see them taking the belt of Joe just yet.
Winner:
Samoa Joe



TNA World Title #1 Contender’s Match: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm vs. AJ Styles

@George_SLTD :
I think I’m right in saying that the person who gets pinned can’t compete for the World Title until BFG 2013. I’m sure I heard Hogan say that last week on Impact. If that’s the case, then this one’s easy to predict. Storm will pin Roode, getting even more revenge on him and it keeps Roode away from the title for a few months. AJ doesn’t need the win and I can’t see him being the one to do the job here.
Winner:
James Storm


@Mark_TUW :
I’m not 100% on the full rules of this match but I think Storm will defeat AJ, so that Roode can plead his case that he never lost the match. AJ doesn’t need a title as he is past that stage; Storm has come back just to get the title so that makes sense. Roode is the complicated part.
Winner:
James Storm


@GazSixx :
I see Bobby Roode winning and AJ losing. Personally I’d like AJ to win but Roode is a top heel and also AJ could go to the X Division for a while get the title and cash it in at Destination X then hopefully have another title run.
Winner:
Bobby Roode


@AngelicalDream :
With the build up to Storm’s return and everything I can’t see him being denied a chance at getting the World Heavyweight Title back. AJ doesn’t need a shot at the title and in a similar vein to Storm, with the amount of effort put in to the storylines around Roode, I can’t see him being the one to be out of the title picture until BFG 2013.

There could be a work around however where they come up with a way of Roode getting out of the rule, i.e. he goes and gets the X Division Title and cashes it in at Destination X.  
Winner:
James Storm


@philtom84 :

Winner:
AJ Styles


@Sportsmama32 :
He has the fan push right now. He lost his opportunity at BFG due to interference by Roode. Storm is the only original left that has not had a run with the title.  Always a good show between Storm and Hardy.
Winner:
James Storm


@Alex_SLTD :
Slightly harder one to call this one; I am going with Storm because since Storm has come back he is getting a hell of a push. I think AJ will get pinned as well. He has had the world title already and he is a big star no matter what in TNA. Plus if Storm pins Styles It will allow Roode to be kept in and around the title picture.
Winner:
James Storm



TNA Tag-Team Title Match: Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Chavo & Hernandez (c)

@George_SLTD :
Daniels and Kaz have been in my top 3 favourite TNA performers of 2012. I love their chemistry as a team, whether they’re cutting promos or working a match. They’re outstanding. I’m not really that arsed about Chavo and Hernandez to be honest. They only won the belts last month, so I can’t see them dropping the gold this soon. Champs retain I’m afraid.
Winner:
Chavo & Hernandez (aka Dos Stereotypicos)


@Mark_TUW :
It doesn’t make sense to drop the titles so soon. Plus Christopher Daniels and Kaz are much better in the victim’s role.
Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez


@GazSixx :
I see Chavo and Hernandez retaining the titles via DQ because Daniels will do something silly like using a chair and getting caught red handed.
Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez


@AngelicalDream :
Champions or not, Kaz and Daniels are amazing, and seeing as Chavo and Hernandez have only just got hold of the titles they will most likely retain.

Also, with Kaz and Daniels daring to attack the Spanish announcers on Open Fight Night, the new team will no doubt be on fire, looking for revenge.
Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez


@Sportsmama32 :
Tag team division is just now starting to rebuild. Kaz and Daniels winning is enough to keep controversy going until division is a little stronger.
Winner:
Daniels and Kazarian


@Alex_SLTD :
As the other folks have said on here it’s too early for another Title change. Daniels & Kazarian don’t need the belts; it’ll help put over Chavo and Hernandez too to have the belts on them for a while as well.
Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez



Devon vs. Kurt Angle

@George_SLTD :
We’ve had 2 reveals in the last 4 weeks from TNA, which makes me happy. We’re starting to find out what the story is with Aces & 8’s. Storyline progression is good. For that reason alone, I don’t think Devon will lose this match. TNA are trying to assert Aces & 8’s dominance, that’s why Devon will beat Angle, whether it’s by pinfall or DQ.
Winner:
Devon


@Mark_TUW :
I think this is going to end in DQ or some other type of dodgy ending. Kurt will get his revenge though and I’m sure that Aces and 8’s will find some way to come back after the PPV.
Winner:
Kurt Angle


@GazSixx :
I think that Devon will win as Angle will be a target of Aces and Eight’s and Wes Briscoe will get unmasked 
Winner:
Devon


@AngelicalDream :
With Devon trying to prove that he is better than TNA think he is worth, he may come out and go for a clean win; but with how Ace’s and Eights have been portrayed I can’t see that happening. I think that there will be some underhanded tactics played and the match will end with Angle winning.
Winner:
Kurt Angle


@philtom84 :
It’s Kurt Angle, what more can I say?
Winner:
Kurt Angle


@Sportsmama32 :
Allows to Kurt to be away for body to heal and handle personal business.
Winner:
Devon


@Alex_SLTD :
I have changed my mind on this one 3 times now; my reasoning behind Devon is similar to the match after this one. I think they will want to push Aces & 8’s strong after spending so much time building it up. I think a clean win for Angle won’t help the feud. Devon isn’t wining clean here but I expect him to go over.
Winner:
Devon



Joseph Park vs. Aces & 8’s DOC

@George_SLTD :
I could pretty much just say the same as I did about Devon vs. Angle. I don’t know where this whole Joseph Park thing is going. Is he going to discover that he’s actually Abyss? The only thing that pleases me about Gallows being involved is that I want to hear him come out to “Biscuits & Gravy”! Other than that, he’s average at best and Park will carry him to a decent match. To keep up Aces & 8’s momentum, DOC/Gallows/Festus wins here.
Winner:
DOC (Luke Gallows, Festus etc)


@Mark_TUW :
Joseph will call upon his inner Abyss and kick the daylights out of DOC.
Winner:
Joseph Park


@GazSixx :
DOC for the win. I think that the fake Abyss will show again and attack Joseph Park, or Devon will help out. At the end of the match I think that Aces and Eight’s will attack Joseph and Hogan will come out with a gang to fight them off, but Joseph will flip and turn into Abyss.

I’d prefer Joseph Park to win and when Aces and Eight’s attack one of them is unmasked and is Bully Ray or Mike Knox (would be better if it was John Morrison though ;) )
Winner:
DOC


@AngelicalDream :
Everyone loves an underdog and I’ve grown to love Joseph Park. It seems like if Park somehow gets cut, he realises that wrestling must run in his blood and pulls out a Black Hole Slam or something. He’s trying his best to please everyone at TNA and the roster tend to run to his aid; plus the look on his face when he does something out of character is tremendous.  
Winner:
Joseph Park


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Joseph Park


@Sportsmama32 :
Park will put up a fight and another unmasking should come, but Gallows will continue the pain on Park.
Winner:
DOC


@Alex_SLTD :
I still hate the name (DOC) but as they will want to push Ace & 8’s as much as possible, as I said earlier, I expect them to go over here.
Winner:
DOC



TNA World Heavyweight Title Ladder Match: Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy (c)

@George_SLTD :
For whatever reason, TNA have decided to reward Jeff Hardy with the World Title. He doesn’t deserve it. He doesn’t deserve to be a World Champion. Without ranting, unprofessional is the word I’ll use and he shouldn’t even still have a job there. Now TNA have given him the belt as a way to try to get him to stay beyond the expiry of his current deal. Likelihood is that he’ll go home, like he did at the end of his last WWE contract. For me, Aries is the man. I love it when he plays the cocky prick role. He’s brilliant at it and brilliant in the ring. Aries deserves to be champion, but Hardy will win because of the reason I’ve already talked about and that’s a damn shame.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@Mark_TUW :
Jeff is becoming the face of TNA. Why would they want to take the title off someone who they are investing so much time and money in?
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@GazSixx :
Jeff will win on the grounds that TNA want to him to sign a new contract and it’s also a ladder match i.e. his speciality match. My personal view however is that I would like Aries to win. I also think that the show will end with Aces and Eight’s attacking either Hogan or someone back stage.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@AngelicalDream :
Here’s one for @George_SLTD…I’d like Hardy to retain simply so that we get to see more of his belt on TV. The longer it’s there the more likely they are to sell a replica, which I can then add to mine and @Mark_TUW’s collection.

Ladder matches are in Hardy’s ‘wheelhouse’ as Taz would say; and although people may argue that he should never have been given the title, I don’t think that he’s had it long enough yet. Plus, I love Aries’ journey into getting the title back.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@philtom84 :

Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@Sportsmama32 :
Ladder match is his specialty. Got to keep him happy until his name is on the dotted line.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@Alex_SLTD :
Easiest match of the night to call. No way will they switch the belt off Hardy again this early. Hardy is the Money Man in the TNA so expect the belt to be on him for a while yet.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy



We will be adding more predictions as and when they arrive throughout the day so keep an eye on our Twitter or Facebook page so you know when the updates have been made.

We would also love to hear what you think will happen during the Pay per View. If you’d like us to publish your predictions simply comment below and we’ll get in touch with you asap.

Let’s hope that Turning Point is one to remember just like Bound for Glory was.

Also find Gaz on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. If Hardy wins, I'm smashing up my house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you set up a camcorder? You smashing your house is going to be better than Surviver Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would mate, but still waiting on that £500 coming through ;)

    ReplyDelete