Sunday 13 January 2013

TNA Presents Genesis 2013 - Predictions



Welcome to 2013 and the first TNA PPV of the year. Below we have our predictions as to who we think will win each of the matches during the event, and as always feel free to add your own predictions.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries



@George_SLTD :
I kicked off big time on SLTD Radio this past Thursday about Hardy being champ. I cannot stand his face-painted, insidey-voiced, spot-monkey ass being champion. It’s a disgrace to the term World Champion. Roode and Aries will carry this match and although I’d be happy with either of those guys winning, I don’t think it’ll happen. Hardy retains to make my pain go on.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@Mark_TUW : 
As much as I’m a Jeff Hardy mark I don’t think he has done enough with the title since he won it. Yes he’s had a few good matches and he has the greatest custom made title belt ever, but he just isn’t elevating the title’s prestige. Aries needs a few more months with no title to grow his persona as he has only been relevant whilst holding a belt. Roode is the only person in the match, in my opinion, that can take the belt to the next level.
Winner:
Bobby Roode


@AngelicalDream :
We all know that I’m a Hardy fan but I think that it’s time for a new champion. For me, a champion should make the title and their persona stand out more than it did before; but to me, Hardy is just the same as he was but with a pretty belt.

I think that Roode can do more with the title than Aries at this stage and therefore I would like to see him take the title back. As awesome as Aries is, I feel that he needs to develop his character a little more without the belt.
Winner:
Roode


@Sportsmama32 :
1)      Still got to keep him happy to get his name on the bottom line. 
2)      I refuse to accept the Tack Factor as champ this soon.
3)      Aries has not quite found his place without the belt and needs to work on it.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy




TNA World Tag-Team Championship Match:
Chavo & Hernandez (c) vs. Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan



@George_SLTD :
As much as Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan are awesome, I don’t think they need the gold to be relevant. Dos Stereotypicos do. I genuinely don’t see what Chavo or Hernandez could do as singles stars. There’s just nothing there. Morgan and Ryan have FAR more charisma and talent. This ended in a DQ finish last time, so I see the champs winning clean here.
Winner:
Chavo & Hernandez


@Mark_TUW : 
Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan are not in TNA to win titles, well at least Morgan isn’t. Morgan is there to hurt people and get revenge on Hogan for firing him. Chavo and Hernandez will win but possibly due to DQ.
Winner:
Dos Stereotypicals


@AngelicalDream :
I’ve said that I’m warming to Ryan, but it’s been really cold lately. Please don’t give Ryan and Morgan any titles. Morgan is there to seek his revenge and Ryan is there because…well erm…someone thought it was a good idea. They are such an odd pairing and I don’t think that they should have the titles.

In all honesty I’d like to see another tag team take the titles. If it’s ok for EY to be a KO Tag Team Champ then surely it should be acceptable for ODB to be a champ for the male division :P
Winner:
Chavo & Hernandez


@Sportsmama32 :
Not really any tag teams at the moment and this feud is still developing. No need to change YET.
Winner:
Chavo & Hernandez




Christopher Daniels vs. “Cowboy” James Storm



@George_SLTD :
This was the hardest match for me to call. I love Daniels. He’s the best thing in TNA right now and quite how he’s never been World Heavyweight Champion of the World (not redundant) is beyond me. Dude has got bundles of charisma and talent, and cuts amazing promos. Jimmy Storm on the other hand has been booked like a joke for the last year. It’s a shame. Storm’s got the “IT factor” (no pun intended) and he’d make a fantastic babyface champion. Storm needs some kind of momentum, that’s why I think he wins at Genesis.
Winner:
James Storm


@Mark_TUW : 
James Storm is on quite a roll lately and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. If things play out the way I see them happening then we will see Storm vs. Roode for the World title at one of the four pay per views. Besides that I don’t think a loss will hurt Daniels in any way, he just has more reasons to bitch and moan on Impact, YAY!
Winner:
James Storm


@AngelicalDream :
The only way is up for Storm. He’s on a social media rampage to destroy Daniels by all accounts and I think that he is more than capable of destroying him in the ring too. Fancy forgetting MySpace though. Tut tut. I was pretty impressed with Daniels’ impression of Storm!

Daniels doesn’t need a win. An appletini can make everything ok again for him.
Winner:
Storm


@Sportsmama32 :
These two worked well against each other in tag team action and no reason they can’t in singles competition. Storm is riding high after his 2012 run. Big fan push for Storm and Daniels just doesn’t fit that bill.
Winner:
Cowboy James Storm




Sting vs. D.o.C



@George_SLTD :
TNA completely mishandled Sting’s return. No theatrics. Nothing. Just him wandering down to the ring and wiping folk out. It’s a shame because Sting does have a place on weekly TV (unlike others). He’s a big star and TNA should’ve made more out of his return. I’ve got nothing to say about Festus other than if Sting doesn’t win this, I’ll eat my hat.
Winner:
Sting


@Mark_TUW : 
Simply put, Aces & Eights need victories. They haven’t won anything for a few weeks and are risking losing credibility; similar to how the Nexus fizzed out after Wade Barrett got injured
Winner:
DOC


@AngelicalDream :
This is a tricky one. I think that the Ace’s and Eights need a win more than Sting does but I’d like to see Sting victorious. I’ve seen a lot of people complain about his return, but I think that TNA did a good job. They brought him back strong without making Impact ‘the Sting show’. He can make more of an impact at the PPV. My only complaint about his return was that the baseball bat didn’t land on DOC’s head. I don’t hate DOC, it would have just amused me.
Winner:
Sting


@Sportsmama32 :
He has to make a stand and it is time to show that Gallows can be beat down. (Although I do see outside interference on both sides)
Winner:
Sting




Final of X-Division Title Tournament:
Kenny King vs. Christian York



@George_SLTD :
Is it just me or have TNA been teasing a heel turn with Kenny King? It’s the way I’ve picked up on some of his promos lately. He’s coming across as a douche. Doesn’t really matter though, because the dude is super-talented. I think he could have a great match with anyone, but he’s not winning here. Christian York may be the only Gut Check winner to have had a consistent presence on TV. Brisco doesn’t count. He beat Garett Bischoff. I could beat Garett Bischoff. Anyway, York has a ton of momentum behind him, so he wins the final to go on and face RVD.
Winner:
Christian York


@Mark_TUW : 
As much as I’d love to see Kenny King with the X Division strap I don’t think he will get it just yet. York has been pushed a lot on Impact lately and has even been in the ring with the World Heavyweight champion, which just proves TNA have a lot of faith in the dude.
Winner:
Christian York


@AngelicalDream :
I love King! Whilst we’ve seen him on Impact recently I don’t recall when his last match was. With the push he’s been getting, I see York getting the win even though for me, he needs more character development.
Winner:
York


@Sportsmama32 :
York is still developing his character in TNA and the winner moves on.
Winner:
Kenny King




X-Division Championship Match:
Rob van Dam vs. X-Division Tournament Winner



@George_SLTD :
I’ve already explained why York should win. He’s a fresh act in terms of the X-Division and he’s got a ton of momentum behind him. RVD is a shell of what he used to be and he’s only got the X-Division title to give him something to do. Rob will have to look for something else to keep him busy, cos York is going to be the new champion at Genesis.
Winner:
Christian York


@Mark_TUW : 
I think the tournament winner will get the belt. RVD has done next to nothing with the title and it just seems pointless for it to go back into the abyss until the next pay per view.
Winner:
Tournament Winner


@AngelicalDream :
Whether it be King or York that wins the tournament I think that the title needs to go back to the people that it’s meant for.
Winner:
Tournament Winner


@Sportsmama32 :
Time for the REAL X-Division guys to take back over. While he can still move, the old man, RVD, has to step aside.
Winner:
Kenny King




Devon vs. Joseph Park         

         

@George_SLTD :
Should be physical with Devon leading it. Remember, we’re supposed to believe that “Joe” Park can’t wrestle. Hell, he’s even been to OVW training. Yuppers! I can’t see Aces & 8’s losing 2 matches on this PPV, that’s the only reason I think Devon wins.
Winner:
Devon


@Mark_TUW : 
Joseph has put his career at Park, Park and Park on the backburner while he learns the art of wrestling. He’s fresh from OVW and has been studying the tapes that he borrowed from Challenge TV. There’s no way he can lose! Plus, wrasslin’ is in his blood.
Winner:
Joseph Park


@AngelicalDream :
He could be taking on the whole of the roster at once and I’d still pick Park!
Winner:
Joseph Park


@Sportsmama32 :
Abyss will begin his revenge run as an attorney.
Winner:
Park




Gauntlet Match for #1 Contender to Knockouts Title:
Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky



@George_SLTD :
I really hated picking a winner here, because I love 4 of these 5 Knockouts: Gail Kim, Tessmacher, Mickie and Velvet. Four amazingly beautiful women who know how to get over with the crowd without drinking whisky and generally looking like a man. Hey ODB, how ya doin?! The problem is that we’ve already seen Tessmacher and Mickie James fight Tara recently. The one we haven’t seen is the returning Velvet Sky. I think that Velvet wins here to put her on course to win the Knockouts Title from Tara. Let the pigeons loose!!!!!
Winner:
Velvet Sky


@Mark_TUW : 
She’s only just come back and has done jack so far.
Winner:
Velvet Sky


@AngelicalDream :
Surely she’s been allowed back for a reason?
Winner:
Velvet Sky


@Sportsmama32 :
How can you pick against one of the beautiful people? Not to mention, TNA brought her back for a reason.
Winner:
Velvet Sky



With the new PPV format which has been announced we’re hoping that this will be a spectacular show. If you haven’t heard about the changes you can read about them here. We look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment